SHOWROOM ASSISTANT – LONDON
Specialising in ceramics for almost 60 years, Minoli has supplied beautiful floor, wall and mosaic tiles to a diverse range of clients, each with very specific needs. When founded in London in the late 1940’s, the company initially both produced and installed Terrazzo, before relocating to Oxford and branching out into supplying Italian ceramic tiles in the 1960’s.
Still run by the Minoli family today, the company knows that their clients value their instinctive approach to sourcing the best products and reliably delivering them on time and within budget.
Minoli returned to their roots by opening a London showroom in the heart of the West End in the Autumn of 2013. To further their ambitions to become the tile company of choice to a range of industries who require the very best floor and wall tiles, they need a Showroom Host/ Assistant to join the team. To achieve their objective, they will need a person who shares their ambitions for the success of the company and, more importantly, understands and is committed to excellent customer service.
The capable Showroom Host/Assistant will enjoy meeting the clients of Minoli and playing a role in ensuring the showroom runs efficiently and effectively for the company and their important visitors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE WILL BE:
• Meet and greet existing and prospective clients, customers of clients and suppliers.
• Introduce the clients to the showroom concept and the products on display
• Help with the arrangement of the showroom, sometimes from ground to top, in order to ensure an immaculate showroom facility.
• Assist the Directors by arranging appointments, taking notes of meetings etc.
• Prepare and serve refreshments for showroom visitors and meetings.
• Maintain a database of clients and keep the list up to date.
• Maintain a visitor/diary log.
• Be pro-active in ensuring that the showroom gallery and the Minoli meeting spaces are welcoming to visitors.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The responsibilities of a Showroom Host/Assistant will be demanding, especially for a business in the heart of Marylebone/Mayfair. These
are the type of skills and competencies we would expect the successful candidate to demonstrate:
• A professional attitude towards existing and prospective clients, customers of clients and suppliers.
• Work as a member of the team, predominantly with the Showroom Manager and the Directors.
• To be proficient (competent) in the use of all main Microsoft Windows programmes and control a database.
• To possess truly excellent communication skills, for both clients and work colleagues.
• To have an interest in Interior Design.
• To have enthusiasm for the products being presented, with an ability to learn quickly about the company and its product ranges.
• To be an organised person, and willing to ensure the showroom is immaculately presented at all times.
• Enjoy administrative tasks such as answering the phone, emails and general correspondence.
• Enjoy talking to professionals such as Developers, Interior Designers etc. and their staff.
• Enjoy being part of the dynamic Minoli London Team
• Enjoy working within events and assisting in the management of them.
It will be a demanding job that will require a lot of energy from a person and a great deal of self-motivation and the ideal candidate will be able to assume responsibility for the showroom in the absence of the manager or a Director. Therefore, it could be hectic on occasions, especially if working to a deadline.
This position itself offers real potential for career progression within a company who are dedicated to their clients, customers, and staff.
Working hours are:
Monday to Friday 9:00 – 6.00 with 1 hour for lunch
Some Saturdays on Rota by appointment
Four weeks per year paid holiday plus bank holidays
Job security in a long-established company
Staff pension scheme – Nest
Please firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01865 778 225 for an application form