- Samples & Ordering
- Discover Minoli
- Your Wishlist
- Sample Basket
Posted in Minoli
10th July 2023
As we continue our feature articles exploring some of the most transcendent and technically advanced porcelain tile collections from Minoli, today we focus on the effortlessly elegant Essenza Oudh Series.
As the name suggests, Essenza Oudh seeks to capture the essence of wood in its design and embraces the urge to get back in touch with nature using materials with tactile textures and warm, natural colours.
These wonderful wood-effect tiles, in various lengths, large format slabs and decor designs, have the gorgeous graining and gnarly knots of their organic counterparts, but with all the technical advantages of a high-performance porcelain product.
This is a very versatile range with seven creative colours that echo the elegance and tactile texture of timber. For use on walls or floors, with specifications for use inside or outdoors, the breadth and depth of this wood-look series is unprecedented in terms of the choice of sizes, colours, formats, decor tiles and mosaics.
COLOURS AND DESIGNS
The seven colourways in the Essenza Oudh series emulate different species of tree from around the world, ranging from blanched, aged oak to hearty, warm walnut-tones.
- Copahu – A pale grey but with notes of mushroom and mink, suitable for use on walls or floors, Copahu brings lovely lightness into interior and architectural designs.
- Elem – With shades of mid-grey and pale taupe tones, the Elem colourway is contemporary and can complement many other creative components in a design direction.
- Jinkoh – Warm and welcoming, Jinkoh mixes beige and biscuit with enough contrast to create definition in the graining-effect of this brushed and textured tile.
- Pino – A pinewood palette that includes sunny, sandy stipes to realistically resemble the natural material, so creating a traditional timber floor effect.
- Laos – The Laos colourway has notes of red and russet to create a richer, light mahogany finish. The grain-effect is enhanced by paler markings that give the surface a slightly weathered look.
- Ladano – With darker shades of oak, Ledano brings an air of tasteful tradition into designs, creating a classic, hardwood effect with its mature and majestic appearance.
- Cedro – A slightly cooler colour combination, Cedro has layers of walnut and willow to create a more contemporary canvas against which to showcase other fixtures and furnishing.
SIZES AND FINISHES
The Essenza Oudh Series includes traditional timber-effect plank tiles, extra-long formats and extra-large slabs, plus outdoor specification porcelain pavers.
In more traditional wooden floor formats and in 9 mm thickness, all colours are available to order in 20/120 and 25/150 sizes with a soft, Brushed finish. Again in 9 mm and available in all colours is a 20/120 tile with a Grip finish and enhanced R11 slip-resistance rating, for use in wet areas and some outdoor applications.
Also in the 9 mm thickness are the sleek and slender 30/240 formats, available in the Jinkoh, Pino and Laos colourways, with a Brushed finish.
In 6 mm thickness, for ease of transportation and handling, Jinko, Pino and Laos are also available with a Brushed finish in the extended 20/278 dimensions and as expansive 120/278 slabs.
Lastly, to enable near seamless transitions from indoors to outside, and as a viable and desirable alternative to timber or composite decking, all colourways are available in 20 mm thickness, outdoor specification porcelain, in a 30/120 size with textured R11 slip-resistance surface.
To complement the extensive range of wall and floor, indoor and outdoor tiles described above, the following Decor tiles are available.
- Essenza Oudh Ubud – In a highly original double hook shape, Ubud are like uniform jigsaw pieces with rounded, interlocking ends that form a contemporary, chunky chevron pattern. In an 18/58.5 size and available in all the Essenza Oudh colours, these 9 mm thickness, decor tiles are larger than one might imagine, so creating a surface with substance.
- Essenza Oudh Stick – The Stick decor tile is of 30/60 dimensions with a linear, ribbed surface pattern. Creating feature areas and bringing texture into designs, Stick decor is available in all the Essenza Oudh colours, with a 9 mm thickness.
- Essenza Oudh Florio – In 120/120 dimensions and 9 mm thickness, Florio creates sizeable, intricate patterned squares, with features emulating hand-crafted joinery. The borders and criss-cross panels play with the grain at different angles, so bringing a decorative depth to the design. Florio is available to order in the Jinkoh, Copahu and Pino colourways.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you’d like to talk to our team about the Essenza Oudh Series or to order some samples, please do get in touch. We’d gladly discuss your needs on the phone, arrange a time for a design consultation at one of our showrooms or, for our corporate clients, arrange a meeting with your account manager.