- Samples & Ordering
- Discover Minoli
- Your Wishlist
- Sample Basket
Posted in Minoli
25th August 2023
Celebrating one of the most prestigious and iconic architectural materials, Marvel Travertine captures the aesthetic appeal of natural stoneware with such realism, but with all the functional benefits of technically advanced porcelain.
Celebrating one of the most prestigious and iconic architectural materials, Marvel Travertine captures the aesthetic appeal of natural stoneware with such realism, but with all the functional benefits of technically advanced porcelain. In three sublimely subtle tones, Marvel Travertine creates a calming and contemporary canvas against which to feature furniture, fixtures and fittings.
In Vein Cut and Cross Cut finishes, this collection has a dual identity, providing two sensuous surfaces for different design directions and myriad settings, including residential, commercial and hospitality. Vein Cut, which is more akin to traditional Travertine, exposes linear streaks in the pattern, whereas Cross Cut reveals more distinct colour variation adding a greater dimension of depth to designs.
As well as a wide range of tiles and extra-large slab formats for wall and floor application, plus 20 mm pavers for use outdoors, the Marvel Travertine Series also features an extensive collection of Decor Tiles and Mosaics. With such depth and breadth of sizes, surfaces and thicknesses, Marvel Travertine provides an architectural system with which to fulfil the most contemporary designs.
COLOURS AND DESIGNS
- White Vein and White Cross – In Travertine White we find comforting creamy colours with subtle smoky streaks and smudges. The Vein Cut design has more linear definition as the pattern runs through the length of the tile face. The Cross Cut has a more cloud-like composition with mottled markings that add subtle mesmerising movement as light passes across their surface.
- Sand Vein and Sand Cross – The Sand colourway has a warm biscuity beige background with soft brown and white markings. In the Vein Cut, the slightly darker details have more definition, running alongside paler patches. The Cross Cut is like freshly baked shortbread, with hints of cream and coffee in the free-form features of the design.
- Pearl Vein and Pearl Cross – Travertine Pearl has a pale palette of graduated greys and muted mushroom tones. The Vein Cut design has shades of desert sand, blown across the surface creating subtle striations. In the Cross Cut, the irregular elements found in natural stone become more pronounced, giving an earthy texture with tints of tan, khaki and camel.
SIZES AND FINISHES
To create the architectural system of design solutions that Marvel Travertine represents, the logic behind the finishes and formats available to order has been carefully thought through by the leading designers in rectified porcelain production.
In a 9 mm thickness with a Matt finish the Cross Cut designs are available in 60/60, 60/120 and 120/120 formats. The Vein Cut designs are also available in the 60/120 size plus expansive 120/240 and 120/278 slabs, of 9 mm and 6 mm thickness respectively, offering uninterrupted, full-height wall coverage and more seamless floor surfaces.
With a Textured / Grip finish, all colourways in both the Cross and Vein Cut designs are available in a 120/120 size of 9 mm thickness.
The Matt surface in this size has an R10 slip-resistance rating, and the Grip surface has an R11 rating, so suitable for use in wet areas.
All colours of the Vein Cut versions are also all available in a 60/120 size with 20 mm thickness and R11 slip-resistance rating specifically for outdoor applications. The extra thickness and structured surface not only make these porcelain pavers extremely durable but also stable when installed, be that using traditional adhesive, laid to grass, gravel or sand, or onto a specialist pedestal system.
To conclude the overview of sizes and finishes, the Cross Cut White, Sand and Pearl can all be ordered in 120/120 or 60/60 dimensions, with Matt finishes and R10 slip-resistance ratings.
You can see all of these sizes and formats on our website, with further technical specifications to illustrate format availability.
DECOR TILES AND MOSAICS
To complement the wide range of floor, wall and outdoor tiles described above, across all colours, the following Decor Tiles and Mosaics are available to order.
- Mosaico Origami – In 9 mm thickness and 28/41.2 sheets, Mosaico Origami is inspired by the ancient Japanese art of folding paper. The mosaics creates the optical illusion of diamonds emerging from a flat surface.
- Mosaico Basketweave – In 9 mm thickness and 35/46.8 sheets, Mosaico Basketweave has a surface pattern of intertwined bands giving a creative criss-cross effect.
- Chiselled Urban Grid – This 30/60 Decor tile, in a 9 mm thickness, has a tactile texture formed of linear incisions. As a wall tile, paired with a plainer product, Chiselled Urban Grid brings dynamism and depth to any interior design.
- Mosaico Tessellation – Composed of triangles and squares in perfect proportions across a 22/26 sheet of 9mm porcelain. With alternate Vein Cut and Cross Cut elements, as a floor or wall tile, Mosaico Tessellation can be used to create focal points or feature areas within any environment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you’d like to talk to our team about the Marvel Series or to order some samples, please do get in touch. We’d gladly discuss your needs on the phone, arrange a time for a design consultation at one of our showrooms or, for our corporate clients, arrange a meeting with your account manager.