- Samples & Ordering
- Discover Minoli
- Your Wishlist
- Sample Basket
Posted in Minoli
16th August 2023
In this article we take a closer look at the White & Cream colourways within the wider Minoli Marvel Series. These emulate the purest and most sought-after Calacatta and Italian White Marble stoneware, from those with a soft and cloud-like composition, to others with more delightfully defined veining.
With the greater diversity in pattern frequency now prevalent in today’s tile ranges, marble-effect porcelain is almost indistinguishable from its natural counterpart and the Marvel Series is renowned for its higher-definition graphics, muted and mellow backgrounds, vivid and varied veining, and new techniques in transparent layering that produce designs with unprecedented depth.
Marvel is the most extensive and varied collection in the Minoli product portfolio and comprises standard-sized porcelain tiles and extra-large format slabs, book matched designs and both porcelain and ceramic Mosaic and Decor pieces. Some selected styles have also recently become available in 20 mm thickness, exterior use porcelain pavers, enabling coordinated surface solutions from inside to outdoors.
To fulfil almost any personal preference for tone, pattern prominence and contrast, there are no less than 17 variants with principally White and Cream palettes, featuring a range of different coloured veining and layers of shading.
COLOURS AND DESIGNS
Looking across this paler set of marble-effect tile designs on our website, we’ve arranged the collection broadly by colour, so helping clients navigate the spectrum and refine choices:
- Marvel Calacatta Extra – The icy background is softened with sporadic touches of neutral beige alongside natural grey veining.
- Marvel Carrara Pure – A softly patterned fascia with faded grey graining across its surface design, producing a Carrara marble inspired porcelain tile.
- Marvel Moon Onyx – With the luscious look of a bright lunar landscape, the clarity and depth of Moon Onyx is enhanced by the layered composition of the surface design.
- Marvel Bianco Dolomite – An elegant reproduction of Italian off-white Dolomite marble, with subtle veining and dispersed taupe-grey streaks.
- Marvel Bianco Fantastico – Distinctive and well-defined dark veins cut across the surface of this elegant and eye-catching design.
- Marvel Royal Calacatta – With the look of Calacatta Gold and Vagli marble, Royal Calacatta creates the most exclusive and opulent environments.
- Marvel Calacatta Imperiale – An in-dpeth study of the authentic pigments and patterns delivers a perfectly pure background overlaid with ribbons of bronze and gold.
- Marvel Statuario Select – More densely patterned, Statuario Select bridges between a white and coloured marble-effect, with a silky off-white canvas overlaid with striking grey veining.
- Marvel Statuario Supremo – Against the creamy, soft, brushstroke background, more prominent grey veining creates a dramatic effect, with such clarity and definition.
- Marvel Calacatta Prestigio – The delicate pale grey veining and authentic copper-gold pigment produces the most precise and accurate marble replicas in stunning and authentic detail.
- Marvel Ten-X Calacatta Sublime – A brighter white with delicate shading and more defined veining, ribbons of grey appear warmer with glints of gold shimmering in this delightful design.
- Marvel Calacatta Apuano – Inspired by Calacatta marble from the Italian Apuan Alps, these tiles are distinguished by a warm-white background, adorned with fine gold and grey veining.
- Marvel Calacatta Delicato – The most soft and subtle of marble-effect designs, the delicately layered sandy lines have beautifully brushed edges.
- Marvel Gala Crystal White – The neutral canvas is criss-crossed with delicate but defined veins of beige, grey and gold, creating mesmerising movement.
- Marvel Cremo Delicato – A remarkably natural design, complete with a creamy background and warm beige veins, softly stroked through the surface pattern.
- Marvel Imperial White – With a perfectly pearly palette, Imperial White has an almost liquid lustre with a pristinely patterned presentation.
- Marvel Champagne Onyx – The depth of this opulently Onyx-inspired design is enhanced with the composition of buttery tones throughout the surface design.
SIZES AND FINISHES
The sheer diversity of size and finish represented within the Marvel Series needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. We’ve provided an overview here to give a sense of availability, but please visit our website to get into the detail for each colourway.
Standard sized tiles in this collection include compact 30/60, 60/60 and 75/75 sizes through to more generous 60/120, 75/150 and 120/120 formats.
Moving up in scale, uninterrupted floor to ceiling coverage can be achieved using 120/240, 120/278 and the largest 160/320 slabs in 6 mm thickness for ease of transportation and handling. Also in 6 mm thickness are 160/160 squares that offer further solutions for near seamless installations, which are also suitable for use on walls or floors.
The Marvel Series offers Book Match tile designs as well, which align and mirror each other, so giving the impression of an open book of opposing pages. In 120/278 dimensions, offering potential for full floor to ceiling coverage, or 75/150 allowing Book Match pairings to be realised in smaller spaces.
In terms of finish depending on the design, tiles and slabs from the Minoli Marvel Series feature Matt / Natural, Polished / Lapatto, Silk and Strutturato / Structured surfaces.
Lastly, from the White & Cream collections, Calacatta Apuano is available to order in 20 mm thickness with a Hammered outdoor surface, providing extra grip underfoot with an R11 anti-slip rating.
MOSAIC & DECOR TILES
To complement the tiles and slabs within the Marvel Series, a wide choice of delightfully distinctive Mosaic and Decor pieces are available with which to create feature areas and bring additional texture into designs. We’ve just chosen a few favourites here, by way of example:
- Marvel Bianco Fantastico Mosaico Fan – In Gloss ceramic for use on walls and supplied on 29/29.2 sheets for ease of exact application, the Fan design appears as overlapping discs that interlink on installation.
- Marvel Ten-X Calacatta Apuano Mosiaco Waterfall – For use on walls or floors and supplied on 30.5/27.7 sheets, in Polished / Lapatto porcelain, the Waterfall design has intriguing, intertwined waves, in 9 mm thickness.
- Marvel Bianco Dolomite Twist Mosaico – As a series of hexagonal parallelogons, Twist has the appearance of layered leaves or ears of wheat, available in Gloss, 30.5/30.5 sheets of 8.5 mm ceramic, for use on walls.
- Marvel Gold Hex Gris-Calacatta – Combining Gloss hexagons of Royal Calacatta with triangular inclusions of Grey and Gold to create a stunning and sparkling spectacle. Supplied on 25.1/29 sheets of 8.5 mm thickness.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you’d like to talk to our team about the Marvel Series or to order some samples, please do get in touch. We’d gladly discuss your needs on the phone, arrange a time for a design consultation at one of our showrooms or, for our corporate clients, arrange a meeting with your account manager.