- Samples & Ordering
- Discover Minoli
- Your Wishlist
- Sample Basket
Here at Minoli we are looking for another person to join the Minoli Delivery Team. This particular position is for a qualified LGVII Driver, so for this role, the licence is a requirement. If you haven’t got the licence, we may have vacancies to fill, such as a non LGV delivery driver in a van.
As Truck Driver jobs go, we reckon this is a good one, so there’s no need for us to try and dress this up. This is a straightforward, uncomplicated driving job, with regular hours, no overnights or even late nights expected, working in a company that’s small enough to care but big enough to be stable and well known in the industry and throughout Oxfordshire.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Minoli take great pride in the quality, reliability and presentation of our fleet of trucks and vans and the image they portray to our customers. As such, our fleet is relatively new, regularly upgraded and comprises purpose-built DAF 16T and 18T trucks.
Whilst you’ll spend much of the day out fulfilling customer deliveries, we don’t expect our delivery team to do late nights or overnights. You’ll also be part of the Minoli team that enjoys working together to deliver a great customer experience.
- Provide an efficient and reliable delivery service to our customers including housebuilders and property developers, corporate clients, residential homeowners, garden designers and landscapers, plus reseller partners.
- Complete deliveries of predominantly palleted goods to the kerbside on trucks equipped with tail-lifts and power-assisted pallet trucks, so manual handling of materials has been purposefully minimised as much as possible.
- Delivering a variety of daily loads which may include 1-2 large volume drops or as many as 10-12 smaller order drops – the average being around 8 deliveries within the normal working day.
- Be comfortable delivering across the South, Southeast, Home Counties and London, but normally on routes that you will, or may already, be familiar with, and often to repeat customers.
- Drive safely and courteously, obeying the rules of the road and representing Minoli in a positive way.
- Keep accurate paperwork and delivery information for our company fleet records.
- Work together with colleagues and other departments to deliver a great customer experience and a level of service considered second to none.
Skills and Competencies:
- Hold a current LGVII License.
- Have previous experience as an LGV / HGV driver.
- Be able to work positively and proactively with Minoli customers and colleagues.
- Enjoy interacting with the clients you’ll meet at your daily drop sites.
- Have good organisation and time management capabilities.
- Be willing to use initiative whilst having full support from managers and colleagues.
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to getting our products to our clients on time and in good condition.
- Introduction to the company and training in our operations provided on commencement.
OUTLINE TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Location: Minoli, Transport Way, Cowley, Oxford, 0X4 6LX
- Monday to Thursday: 7:00 am – 5.15 pm with 1 hour for lunch
- Friday: 7:00 am – 5.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch
- 1 in 3 Saturdays: 9:00 am – 4.00 pm with 30 minutes for lunch*
- Four weeks per year paid holiday plus bank holidays**.
- Salary commensurate with ability and experience.
- Job security in a long-established Oxford company.
- No late nights or overnights expected.
- On-site parking and secure cycle storage.
- Location with good connectivity to road and public transport links.
- Comfortable, smart uniform and full safety equipment supplied.
- Company workplace pension scheme
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in 1960, Minoli is one of the UK’s original tile importers and distributors. Our goal is simply to source and supply the most beautiful indoor and outdoor porcelain tiles, and to offer our customers a level of service that’s considered second to none.
Whilst many of our values remain true to those on which the firm was founded, we’re forward thinking and focused on continued growth in terms of our expanding product portfolio, our premises and facilities, our vehicle fleet and the size of our team.
We are headquartered in Cowley, Oxford, also with showrooms in Marylebone, London. We work predominantly throughout southern England and the Home Counties, but also distribute across the UK and internationally. As such, our business is not solely dependent on the local economy, and we enjoy working with a diverse set of corporate clients, private homeowners and reseller partners.
ABOUT THE CULTURE:
Minoli remains an independent, family-run business with Jonathon Minoli leading the company as Managing Director. With over 40 colleagues across our Oxford and London operations, the length of service and low staff turnover is testament to the company culture and strong ‘one team’ ethic that thrives throughout the business.
In line with the diversity of our client base, we also place great value on the diversity of our team. We recognise that having a diverse workforce is good for business, good for company culture and that different points of view help fuel innovation and improvement in our ways of working.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, age, disability status or any other characteristic.
We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for delivering a great Minoli experience, for clients and colleagues alike, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
INTERESTED? WHAT NEXT?
Why not apply to join the team? Please complete form below and returned it to us by post or email to:
Minoli Personnel Department
Personal applications only – no agencies please.
*Saturdays on an agreed rota – Predominantly on truck related matters.
**2022 and 2023 have additional holidays over the allowance stated