- Samples & Ordering
- Discover Minoli
- Your Wishlist
- Sample Basket
We are looking for a new person (or two) to join the Minoli Delivery Team, with occasional warehouse duties adding variety to what is foremost a van driving role. This position does not require any special driving qualifications, just a relatively clean standard driving licence and positive, ‘can do’ approach.
As far as van driver jobs go, we run a relatively new and well-maintained fleet, with mainly Fiat Ducato and VW Caddy vans (alongside the larger DAF Trucks). This is a straightforward, uncomplicated role, with regular hours, no overnights or even late nights expected, working in a company that’s small enough to care but big enough to be stable and well known in the industry and throughout Oxfordshire.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Whilst we hope you’ll spend the majority of your days out fulfilling customer deliveries, depending on the volume of orders, this role will sometimes involve work supporting the warehouse team at our modern distribution centre in Cowley, Oxford. The Delivery and Warehouse departments always work closely together, and you will be part of the Minoli team that enjoys delivering a great customer experience.
- Provide an efficient and reliable delivery service to our customers including housebuilders and property developers, corporate clients, residential homeowners, garden designers and landscapers, plus reseller partners.
- Deliver a variety of daily loads of tiles which may include 1-2 large volume drops or as many as 10-12 smaller order drops – the average being around 8 deliveries within the normal working day.
- Be comfortable delivering across the South, Southeast, Home Counties and occasionally into London, but normally on routes that you will, or may already, be familiar with, and often to repeat customers.
- Drive safely and courteously, obeying the rules of the road and representing Minoli in a positive way.
- Keep accurate paperwork and delivery information for our company and customer account records.
- Work together with colleagues and other departments to deliver a great customer experience and a level of service considered second to none.
- On occasion, as delivery requirements allow, conduct general warehouse and fleet maintenance duties such as unloading, storing, labelling, picking, packing and even jet-washing the vehicles.
- Help maintain a clean and safe working environment for you and your colleagues and optimise space utilisation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Hold a current driving license.
- Have some previous experience as a delivery driver (although not essential and training can be given).
- Be able to work positively and proactively with Minoli customers and colleagues.
- Enjoy interacting with the clients you’ll meet at your daily drop sites.
- Have good organisation and time management capabilities.
- Be willing to use initiative whilst having full support from managers and colleagues.
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to getting our products to our clients on time and in good condition.
- Introduction to the company and training in our operations provided on commencement.
OUTLINE TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Location: Minoli, Transport Way, Cowley, Oxford, 0X4 6LX
- Monday to Thursday: 7:00 am – 5.15 pm with 1 hour for lunch
- Friday: 7:00 am – 5.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch
- 1 in 3 Saturday: 9:00 am – 4.00 pm with 30 minutes for lunch*
- Four weeks per year paid holiday plus bank holidays**.
- Salary commensurate with ability and experience.
- Job security in a long-established Oxford company.
- No late nights or overnights expected
- On-site parking and secure cycle storage.
- Location with good connectivity to road and public transport links.
- Comfortable, smart uniform and full safety equipment supplied.
- Company workplace pension scheme
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in 1960, Minoli is one of the UK’s original tile importers and distributors. Our goal is simply to source and supply the most beautiful indoor and outdoor porcelain tiles, and to offer our customers a level of service that’s considered second to none.
Whilst many of our values remain true to those on which the firm was founded, we’re forward thinking and focused on continued growth in terms of our expanding product portfolio, our premises and facilities, our vehicle fleet and the size of our team.
We are headquartered in Cowley, Oxford, also with showrooms in Marylebone, London. We work predominantly throughout southern England and the Home Counties, but also distribute across the UK and internationally. As such, our business is not solely dependent on the local economy, and we enjoy working with a diverse set of corporate clients, private homeowners and reseller partners.
ABOUT THE CULTURE:
Minoli remains an independent, family-run business with Jonathon Minoli leading the company as Managing Director. With over 40 colleagues across our Oxford and London operations, the length of service and low staff turnover is testament to the company culture and strong ‘one team’ ethic that thrives throughout the business.
In line with the diversity of our client base, we also place great value on the diversity of our team. We recognise that having a diverse workforce is good for business, good for company culture and that different points of view help fuel innovation and improvement in our ways of working.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, age, disability status or any other characteristic.
We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for delivering a great Minoli experience, for clients and colleagues alike, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
INTERESTED? WHAT NEXT?
Why not apply to join the team? Please complete form below and returned it to us by post or email to:
Minoli Personnel Department
Personal applications only – no agencies please.
*Saturdays – on an agreed rota
**2022 and 2023 have additional holidays over the allowance stated