- Samples & Ordering
- Discover Minoli
- Your Wishlist
- Sample Basket
We are looking for people to join the Minoli Warehouse Team, here in Cowley, Oxford.
This is a straight forward warehouse person’s role, no surprises, working in our own warehouse, which is cool in the summer and heated in the winter. We look to have a busy day and then go on time, no late nights and, if you live locally, you will be home for your tea by 5.30!
So, as warehouse jobs go, we reckon this is a good one – no need to dress it up, regular hours, uncomplicated work within a company that is small enough to care and big enough to be stable and well known in the industry and throughout Oxfordshire.
As a Minoli Team Warehouse Operative, you will be based at our modern headquarters in Cowley, Oxford and part of a small and dedicated team.
Our distribution centre has seen significant redevelopment over the years and now comprises some 32,000 ft2 of warehousing, holding over 500 different tile ranges representing some 3,200 individual product lines.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Minoli is known for holding plentiful UK stock so we can promptly and reliably fulfil our clients’ orders, and the Warehouse Team are central to ensuring we can uphold this important part of our offer.
Whilst this role naturally involves fundamental warehouse operations such as unloading, storing, labelling, picking, packing and fulfilling orders, you’ll also be part of the Minoli team that enjoys working together to improve processes and deliver a great customer experience.
- Receive and process goods inward stocks (unload, inspect, label, store).
- Assemble and prepare orders for delivery or collection (pick, pack, wrap, label, load).
- Safely operate warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet trucks and shrink wrappers.
- Complete order fulfilment paperwork and note any discrepancies.
- Perform stock checks and record inventories to ensure good availability and a reduction in obsolete product lines.
- Help maintain a clean and safe working environment for you and your colleagues and optimise space utilisation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Previous experience as a Warehouse Operative would be beneficial but actually perhaps not essential.
- Up to date certified training in use of a forklift for access of stocks on racking, preferred but not essential – training will be given.
- Have good organisation and time management capabilities.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods, although training will be given.
- Be able to work positively and proactively with your colleagues.
- Enjoy interacting with the others within the company and perhaps even clients.
- Be willing to use initiative whilst having full support from managers and colleagues.
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to getting our products to our clients on time and in good condition.
- Introduction to the company and training in our operations provided on commencement.
OUTLINE TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Location: Minoli, Transport Way, Cowley, Oxford, 0X4 6LX
- Monday to Thursday: 7:00 am – 5.15 pm with 1 hour for lunch
- Friday: 7:00 am – 5.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch
- 1 in 3 Saturday: 9:00 am – 4.00 pm with 30 minutes for lunch*
- Four weeks per year paid holiday plus bank holidays**.
- Salary commensurate with ability and experience.
- Job security in a long-established Oxford company.
- On-site parking and secure cycle storage.
- Location with good connectivity to road and public transport links.
- Comfortable, smart uniform and full safety equipment supplied.
- Company workplace pension scheme
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in 1960, Minoli is one of the UK’s original tile importers and distributors. Our goal is simply to source and supply the most beautiful indoor and outdoor porcelain tiles, and to offer our customers a level of service that’s considered second to none.
Whilst many of our values remain true to those on which the firm was founded, we’re forward thinking and focused on continued growth in terms of our expanding product portfolio, our premises and facilities, our vehicle fleet and the size of our team.
We are headquartered in Cowley, Oxford, also with showrooms in Marylebone, London. We work predominantly throughout southern England and the Home Counties, but also distribute across the UK and internationally. As such, our business is not solely dependent on the local economy, and we enjoy working with a diverse set of corporate clients, private homeowners and reseller partners.
ABOUT THE CULTURE:
Minoli remains an independent, family-run business with Jonathon Minoli leading the company as Managing Director. With over 40 colleagues across our Oxford and London operations, the length of service and low staff turnover is testament to the company culture and strong ‘one team’ ethic that thrives throughout the business.
In line with the diversity of our client base, we also place great value on the diversity of our team. We recognise that having a diverse workforce is good for business, good for company culture and that different points of view help fuel innovation and improvement in our ways of working.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, age, disability status or any other characteristic.
We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for delivering a great Minoli experience, for clients and colleagues alike, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
INTERESTED? WHAT NEXT?
Why not apply to join the team? Please complete form below and returned it to us by post or email to:
Minoli Personnel Department
Personal applications only – no agencies please.
*Saturdays – on an agreed Rota
**2022 and 2023 have additional holidays over the allowance stated